Tuesday, September 22, 2009

CREATING CONNECTIONS CONTINUALLY

Creating Connections

So strange how the voices are moving in and out
Mixing decades with each other
Until the blender of a time serves them all up smooth
I drink down their memories, their words
I take them in because it is their essence that
Made me who I am today

Looking forward, I wonder what affect there will be
From those who currently cross my path
But for now, I revel in the daily missives and the phone calls
And the Facebook comments and the Tweets and of course
The old-time emails that faithfully file into my inbox
Bringing a plethora of pithy comments: statements really,
That underlie the connection that still exists between us

The woven web widely written about in the past
Was apparently not a phenomenon that was uniquely part of yesterday
It is clear to see now with distance and time and past relationships
That the connections which were spun came from the same centric sphere:

My driving need to know you truly…….- everything about you
And my brain’s extraordinary ability to store, sift, analyze and regurgitate your life’s story.
In the end, a human’s greatest need is to feel connected to others
To be heard
To be cared for
To be appreciated
Perhaps that is my gift to those who walk the path with me
Because it has become apparent that those multiple journeys are now
Intersecting and returning me back to the beginning


Back to when the lines first crossed and I asked the simple question:
“Tell me more……….”



Michelle Beckham-Corbin
Copyright: 9/22/09



Copyright Michelle Beckham-Corbin 2009

No comments: