Sunday, June 20, 2010

Memories Are a Powerful Thing to Lose

In an empty room gathering dust

Lies a hint of the past sprinkled with shards of the present

Rays of mental illumination try to pierce through the darkness

I see you there for a brief moment, thinking that my fears were only fears

But then another day dawns and you grasp at who I am

It becomes clear to me that you have been put on course with your destiny


One that I was so clearly aware of

It pains me to think that denial was part of the program

And that precious time was lost

Time that could have stemmed the tide


They say that we can’t truly know someone

Until we have walked a mile in their moccasins

Would I have chosen the same path to live my life

Hoping to dodge the silver bullet?

Or would I look at the genealogy and see the

Dark red arrows pointing at me……


I know this is the beginning, but it feels like the end

How can I lose such a strong person when

She is right in front of me

The mind is a powerful thing to lose…..

I love you Mom……





Copyright Michelle Beckham-Corbin 2010

No comments: