Sunday, August 1, 2010

Kaleidoscope Waters

You move in and out between the pages of my life
It reminds me of the mountain stream that trickles and flows
Through the different seasons of life
Babbling, flowing, carving its stake into the land that hosts it

Like the changing flow of water, you first appeared
Making a lasting impression on the landscape
That was my life
Periodically you re-surface and grace me with your presence
Sometimes wistful
Sometimes angry
Sometimes professorial
Each time you make that re-connection
You further cement the link between us

We have forged a new path absent of the past
Yet fully cognizant of the themes that brought us together
And continue to shape our conversations:
Literature, Music, Philosophy
Interspersed between the pages of our own personal experiences

Dialogue is good, but
Understanding a differing point of view;
Truly taking it in and digesting its parts
Is where the mind opens up and change begins
I welcome the waters that traverse my life
Change is good.






Copyright Michelle Beckham-Corbin 2010 ~ All Rights Reserved

No comments: