Saturday, January 3, 2009

HAPPY 2009!!!!


Glitter Text @ Glitterfy.com


It's always a strange sensation to begin using a new year on correspondence, checks, etc. in the early days of January. The physical act of writing the new year down feels like an outside force has whisked away the old year and left me with this imposter: this unknown entity. I will try it on for size, some years longing for what I have lost and in other years, quickly wanting to make it my own. It is the same with the moments leading up to the New Year's Eve countdown. Sometimes I feel nostalgic and restless, not wanting to let go of the wonderful year that I have- afraid of the unknown stretching out before me. In other years, the glittery silver behomoth can't drop quickly enough for me.

As I stand at the crossroads between 2008 and 2009, I have to say that I had a fabulous last year. One filled with great things, many blessings and many opportunities. This was the year that I found myself and I am very glad that I did!

2009 also looks to be another great year that will capitalize on the strides and plans made in 2008. Although we never know what kind of curve balls will come our way, it is my belief that if we live life to the fullest: enjoying and appreciating every person, every moment, every nuance of living, then we should be able to dodge any silver bullets launched our way or, at the very least, be in a better position to handle the fall-out.

Here's hoping you have the most fabulous 2009 that one can experience!

No comments: