Thursday, February 26, 2009

SOCIAL NETWORKING WITH MYSELF = A TRUE 24 HR DAY

Wishing for the first time in a very long time that there were really more than 24 limited hours in a day. There are so many things that I want to accomplish. So many incredibly fascinating paths of discovery to take, that I am wishing that I could work through the night just to satisfy my thirst for knowledge. I am so grateful to be working in disciplines that I absolutely love and have passion for: Marketing (including Market Research), Business Development and Relationship Building/Social Media Strategy.

I am a big picture person, yet also anally organized and detailed. I am an extreme connector who loves human interaction and have been known to talk to myself when out shopping if there were no available patrons to interact with (well at least I don't talk to the jar of beets!) I absolutely love my life! Having a home office and the flexibility to call the shots with my schedule is empowering and rewarding. The thing I have to watch out for is balance. I can push myself faster and further than most people and have a brain whose synapses fire at an unusually high rate thus allowing me to process information very quickly. The watch out for me is to take time out for myself and to step away from collecting and processing so much data on New Media and Marketing Trends that seem to update every 2 seconds on all of my feeds. I need to step away from Twitter @michellebeckham and Facebook every once in a while and get back to some personal time with myself and hopefully my writing. My professional social media sites seem to be working fine without me, so the others need to follow suit and take a little hiatus.

My goal for the next 40 days is to spend a little time social networking with MYSELF. Hope I find you there!

Copyright Michelle Beckham-Corbin

No comments: