Sunday, January 24, 2010

Connection For Eternity

Some where out there you lie under brilliant stars
As the waves crash into the burnished white sand
The moon shines down on your dark hair
spotlighting your life
How far you have come in the years since our lives touched
I'm not surprised, I always knew you would

We both glide through life touched and utterly changed by
each other's past presence
All those years I thought I was the rescuer, only to find
that you truly were the white knight
Transforming me back into what I had lost
Polishing my rocky foundation with words of love and encouragement

Fighting against the feelings of being utterly swept away
I was a rock shifting in a stormy sea
When the clouds lifted and the sun returned
You were gone, but I was left strongly standing in my resurrected life

Somewhere out there I lie under brilliant stars
The waves crash into the burnished sand beneath my body
The moon shines down on my dark hair
spotlighting my present
I reach for my phone and punch in a series of numbers
The familiar voice instantly laughing into my ear, "What took you so long this time?"
Our connection still exists.








Copyright Michelle Beckham-Corbin 2010

No comments: