Thursday, July 17, 2008

Friendship


I am truly a people person and I treasure my relationships with others. It is an amazing process that some people can enter your life and play an integral part in it for a time and then move on through the natural course of living. Others play that same role, but somehow become entrenched in the ebb and flow of your life and become a constant. Some friends are a mixture of the two in that they loom very large in your life for a time, fade out and when you reconnect it feels as if no time has passed in between.

I still maintain friendships with people from my grade school days all the way through college and from my professional roles. It's a lot of fun to come together and trade memories of the past and maybe share some photos from a long ago event. I always find it interesting that two people can have vastly different memories of the same event depending upon their perspective at the time.

If you have some good friends that you haven't interacted with in a long time, then take some time out to think about them and try to make a connection. Remember this line to a popular song way back in our past: "Reach out and touch somebody's hand, make this world a better place if you can......"????

You never know if your phone call just might be the thing that makes someone's day a whole lot brighter!

No comments: