Sunday, November 8, 2009

Resurrecting Memories....

Final days of 2009 are flying by
so fast that memories of you are fleeting
like the vibrant orange-red leaves of the Red Maple tree
that stands like a bastion before my front door
a flash of color in the sun light that falls to the ground
with the fickle twist of the wind,
relegating vibrancy back to the source of it's origin
until it stands alone, branches bare and spreading upwards
towards the cloudless blue sky which holds your essence


Life has gone on and yesterday seems like a million miles removed
And so you flash into the present only in the most random of ways:
a long lost poem
a tucked away letter
a chance photo on my screen saver slide show
your birthday popping up on my PDA
your voice from a saved message still able to be resurrected

You no longer exist, save within the pages of my mind
within the pages of my words
within the company that you helped name
but you have created a lasting effect on my life
and helped to form the woman that I am

For that I am grateful.
I wish you peace in whatever realm you are existing....


**********************************************
This one is for you- I will remember you always.






Copyright Michelle Beckham-Corbin 2009

No comments: