Monday, November 16, 2009

Trapped in the Kingdom



"The first thing you see as you open your eyes, the last thing you say as you're saying 'good bye'
If you hadn't found me, I would have found you..........."
("Elgar/Something Inside" -August Rush Soundtrack)

Ancient music from the bazaars of India makes its way to
my mind's ear
The tambourine plays and the brightly colored scarves dance in the wind
Where are you my friend, my confidante?
Why have you disappeared from the landscape?

Gone are the lengthy discourses on life
and its true meaning
The discussions on happiness and solitude
The debates on Islam vs. Christianity

I miss your wisdom
I miss your heart and your soul

I hope all is well in your tucked away place
in the middle of the King's palace

A country so demoralizing of women,
You are a beacon of light in a place of darkness
A shining orb in the midst of great riches
Remember my friend to be well and to be safe

You reached out and made a difference in my life
And for this I am eternally grateful

Firoze ، وأتمنى لكم السلام والسعادة دائما.





Copyright Michelle Beckham-Corbin 2009

No comments: