Monday, December 7, 2009

Letting the Words Flow.....

An Actual Skype Chat with a Friend in Palestine:

[3:40:06 PM ] Moye: what are u doing now?

Me:

working on a blog post

being cold

feeling sick to my stomach

wishing my office was clean

wondering why all I see is you and a white wall

as if there is nothing there in the office with you

is your life truly made up of the starkness of desk and screen

no color to brighten your days

no photos or paintings or music to touch your heart?

all work and no play makes for a dull life

yours needs to be rich in beauty and wonder

and inspiration

because in the end you can't take your work

or your money

or your time with you

when you die

only your soul

make sure your soul is fed

your heart is happy

and you die with a smile on your face

knowing that you have truly lived

damn

that would make a great poem

[3:45:39 PM] Moye: nice

[3:45:44 PM] Moye: so sweet


And so I took the actual flow of my words and deposited them here as they fell. Yeah, sometimes it works that way. Deadlines kill creativity........ Side note: Moye is the creator of my company logo.


Copyright Michelle Beckham-Corbin 2009

No comments: