Friday, April 16, 2010

AUTHENTICITY AMONG STRANGERS



You fascinate me - There I’ve said it
A passing name in the night, I gave you no heed
Persistently you worked your charm

So I gave you more than the cursory conversation

Went beyond the pleasantries of words between strangers
And moved into deeper territory
Unpeeling layers of the authentic me

How I think

What I do

How I feel about life

I’ve always loved a great conversationalist
And you fit that tag with more than a modicum of wit

And intelligence

So easy to be authentic, but anonymous while on-line
Unless of course you are dealing with me: The Queen of Investigation
Because I now know exactly who you are

Where you work

Who your friends are

What people are saying about you

Because I’m good like that

And the knowledge that I’ve gleaned just fascinates me even more
The real question is……
What am I going to do with it?




Copyright Michelle Beckham-Corbin 2010

No comments: