Thursday, May 6, 2010

FALLING FAST

“I’m falling… say it if it’s worth saving me…And all I need is you….” Nickleback


And so the dance begins again

The lyrics stream through my ears taking me back to yesterday

While my mind takes me back to last night’s conversation

Somehow they are one and the same

This pattern repeats over and over and over

That gossamer tentacle so oft written about

Truly does exist

We are tied together for eternity by a bond

That no one else will ever understand

You know me completely: the good, the bad, the narcissistic

You are the mirror to my soul

And when I need to be reminded, you are there

To peel back the layers, until I stand in the

Full authenticity that only you and I know

And in turn I view you through clear lenses

Am I the only one to know that you are spiraling downward?

Choosing a different method this time to dull the pain in your being

I heard you whisper the words “this is complicated”

And damn it, you are right

You, my friend, are slowly killing yourself

Is this another test of how far I can go to save a soul?







Copyright Michelle Beckham-Corbin 2010

No comments: