Thursday, September 25, 2008

MICHELLE: RE-WRITTEN




My writing friends, Shelly, Sandi and Laurie (ya know, I just noticed that they all have the 'ee' sound at the end of their names-- wow I feel so......different- lol!). Anyway, my three friends noticed yesterday in our writing circle, that I have some type of change THEME going on in my life. Nearly every page that I had created and shared included something about change and transformation. Perhaps you have seen it here within the pages of my BLOG. I just feel some type of huge change is being called forth from within my soul.

I have had some recent significant changes with people and situations in my life, which I am totally fine with. What I am sensing however, is something bigger; something that is life-altering. I think I was trying to capture that whispering voice in my ears in the piece I submitted yesterday: Reclaiming Me While Taking A Stand. Somehow, the words to the song Raise It Up by the IMPACT Repertory Theater from the movie August Rush keep following me wherever I go.

Here are some of the lyrics:

Life falls down on me, cuts into my soul
but I know I got the strength to make it through it all
cause I'm still standin' tall
breaking through this wall I'm gonna give my all

Feelin' like a motherless child, hate cuts into my soul
its bringing me down
can't find my smile on a face of a motherless child
I'm gonna break down these walls gonna give it my all
Sometimes it takes a different kind of love to raise a child
(so don't give up) so don't give up



Lyrics | Jamia Simone Nash and Impact Repertory Theater - Raise It Up lyrics


I think the whole political landscape is also affecting me. Obama and Palin are close enough to my age to be called part of my generation and I feel like this is my time to spark some type of major action in my life. Hold on, because I feel the winds of change blowing down my spine. The next chapter is to be re-written!..................................

No comments: