Wednesday, September 24, 2008

RECLAIMING ME WHILE TAKING A STAND


A voice is calling me from afar

A muted voice, muffled by the fog of distance

Calling me home

Calling me back

Calling me to reclaim my soul

Its time to move forward

To take a stand

To take those gifts of nurture, guidance and firm hand

To cast a wider net

Letting those qualities of leadership and organization

Be used for a greater good

In order to touch many more people

People in need of inspiration

The whispers begin in a soft hush

And with each question, the tone and volume increase

Exponentially until by the last, there is a cacophony in my head

Begging for action to stop the pain

These are the questions

That now creep through the shroud of fog,

Entering my brain like tiny carpenter ants

Drilling into my subconscious mind:

What do you stand for?

What do you believe in?

What is of importance outside your immediate family?

What will you fight for?

What will you die for?

What is the ultimate sacrifice?

Until one can answer these questions

They will remain stuck in a sludge of indecision

Letting their minds follow the shallow breath of the wind

Like swiveling heads at a tennis tournament

No comments: