Wednesday, September 3, 2008

UPDATES ON PREVIOUS POSTS



I am watching the Republican National Convention, which is currently on mute btw (Guilliani is speaking) and got to thinking that I should probably revisit some earlier posts to see where I stand today. Starting with the beginning of August, here goes:


What Used to Be....(Artichokes)- Actually no update on this very personal piece of writing other than the fact that everytime I re-read it I think: 'man did I really write that and post it on the internet??!!??'. Kinda sorta shatters my usual privacy stance.

Soundtrack of my summer- I have quickly realized that I can't have multiple playlists in my Project Playlist Account, so therefore my original summer hotties have been eliminated. They were Thunder by Boys Like Girls, All Summer Long by Kid Rock, and Fall For You by Secondhand Serenade. I've moved on to loving the August Rush Soundtrack, especially the song Raise It Up.

************************tv news interruption**************************
wow----I expected to dislike Sarah Palin, but she is an incredible speaker full of humor, poise, connection with every man/woman and intelligence. Uh oh................ So you can see that the mute button came off.

Do You Skype? Well that could be a book in and of itself. Luckily I got into Skype before they killed the public Skype Casts on 9/1/08 which were a wonderful way to discuss topics of interest via voice with a group of people looking for debate and conversation. I have made new friends from all over the world and have collected quite a few fascinating life stories that I'm sure will make their way into future writing pieces.

Inspiration in the Shack?
I actually had to stop reading this for several weeks as the portrayal of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit just rocked my paradigms too much. I consider myself a person open to new ideas and interpretations, but God portrayed as a large African-American Woman named 'Poppa' just really bugged me for some reason. I am forcing myself to continue to see just where this all leads.


Tween Girls & Cell Phones: I caved and got the 7th grader 500 msg texting/month (+free texts from Verizon to Verizon). It was strongly suggested by other parents in the know that I just fork over the unlimited texting- they cited their own daughter's all time high texting rate of 14,000 in one month. That's right folks
14k!

Loved the quotes from August on Compulsive Liars (which I detest more than anything on this earth) and Richard Bach's statement about people that we love always being close by in our hearts despite any type of distance.

The other posts are too recent to have a current update now.


American Samoa- the only US soil in the southern hemisphere- just cast their 9 votes for John McCain. Hmmn I didn't know we had an American Samoan state.

Ok time to end the hoopla. It should be an interesting presidential election!

No comments: