Friday, March 13, 2009

Interesting Analogy: Social Media to Buffet Table


This article recently made the internet rounds to find itself before me. "Social Media Is Like a Buffet Table: Making Your First Plate -Then Going Back for More" http://tinyurl.com/9qn9o7 These were my thoughts after reading:

Wow- what a great visual!! I think the beauty of this analogy is in the simplicity of the message. There are so many opportunities to use social media tools to build business (especially in the small to mid-size business arenas), but many of these folks either just don't get it or become completely overwhelmed by the plethora of opportunities. The description of social media tools and corresponding choices as compared to a buffet table is a great universal image that most can relate to. I plan to use this analogy when I talk to potential clients for whom the message just isn't clicking in.


Have you ever tried explaining Twitter to the unitiated? Watch the blank look pass over their eyes as they try to fathom what the hell you are talking about. Gotta work on my Twitter elevator pitch!!!

Follow me @michellebeckham and let me know your thoughts.





Copyright: Michelle Beckham-Corbin

No comments: