Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tim: A Lesson in Looking Beyond the Pond

Tim says in the strictest of British accents: “My standpoint is thus: I know exactly what I am going to say, and have therefore absorbed any value it may have had, and curled my lips in quiet contentment at whichever subtle hint of wit it inevitably let slip. Whether I type it or not makes far less difference to me than absorbing the theoretically greater goodness that may come from what, by typing, I may have deterred you from typing.”


Now I have no clue what he just said, but I love reading his words and on the random chance that fate intervenes, I love listening to his voice. It sounds like he is a character straight out of a Dicken’s novel. I enjoy our ability to trade pieces of work for critique and pure enjoyment. He gets my poetry and the audio version of Dreamscape and I get the music and accompanying lyrics that he creates. He is very talented and a bit of a genious having been a child prodigy before having to succumb to the rank and file of evey day adult life. He somehow finds humor in my exuberant personality and finds the many balls that I juggle quite amusing.


If I need a bit of inspiration to get my writing going, a “fast-start” of sorts, I only have to look for a Tim-ism to get my imaginative juices flowing. No longer will I be in search of the perfect web-site to give my writing a kick- start, I can borrow beginnings like this to prime the creative pump:

Tim says: “Have you ever had one of those moments when the sheer incredulity of the world aligns with the universe as a whole, and being the first person to notice, you burst out laughing uncontrollably in a non-sequitur of hysteria?”


*******************************************************


I asked Tim the other day, what he truly thinks of me and this was his answer in perfect Tim fashion:

“I think I'm extremely lucky to have met you. You exist on such a ridiculously high level, it dwarfs virtually everyone. Talking to you is engaging and enthralling and always challenging in the best of ways.”


I would just love to bottle that admiration and pour out a bit on the days that the words just won’t come or when what I have written seems less than the sum of its parts. A rapt audience is great, but to have an audience with a true ear for subtlety and an excellent command of the language even if it is the Queen’s English is an outstanding proposition.


So thank you Tim for being the voice in my ear, the eye on my words and the gourmand of all of my literary creations. Cheers!!

No comments: