Wednesday, October 15, 2008

OH WHAT ARE WE TO DO???? (let them eat cake)



Well, I am feeling quite confused about the upcoming election but am so very glad that I didn't vote absentee a couple of weeks ago as I had planned. Some doubt is creeping in on my initial candidate and since there was some doubt on the other party as well, I am left feeling quite lost. it may come down to the lesser of two evils for me. In order to help with my thought process, Cam & I stopped by the Hyde Park Busken's Bakery this afternoon to purchase a few of their Presidential Candidate Cookies. Channel 5 News was there filming the cookie rack, but alas no reporter to ask my opinion of the race. So, until I completely make up my mind, I am going to enjoy my Obama cookie and then finish it off with the McCain cookie unless the resident teenage Republican puts McCain in the freezer for posterity. Then, I'm doomed!



This just in from the Scholastic Youth Election Poll:
(Busken Bakery Presidential Cookie Sales are saying the same thing!)


Marketwire
Scholastic Election Poll Has Mirrored Outcome of Every Presidential Election But Two Since 1940

The votes are in and student voters have spoken: Democratic nominee Senator Barack Obama is the winner of the 2008 Scholastic Election Poll, with 57% of the vote over Republican contender Senator John McCain, who received 39% of the student vote. The poll, conducted every four years through Scholastic classroom magazines like Scholastic News® and Junior Scholastic® and online at Scholastic News Online (www.scholastic.com/news), is an educational activity that gives children too young to go to the polls themselves the opportunity to cast their vote for President. A quarter of a million students from across the country participated in the Scholastic Election Poll.

No comments: