Monday, April 20, 2009

THERE YOU ARE........From 2005

There you are, standing still in the doorway of time

Your figure is shrouded in thick fog

And a light emanates from your form like an aura

You beckon with one finger

A smile softly playing upon your lips


Do I reach out and trust?

Do I let the fog of the unknown envelop my soul?

I extend my hand and you firmly grasp my fingers and pull me through

I have crossed the threshold into another world

A world of fantasy where anything can happen and

Everything usually does


A world of Technicolor brightness, where night ceases to exist

And death is only a temporary hindrance

Where people are timeless and hours pass like minutes

Where the most important person in the world is you


In fact, the real world stops in your presence

And only the here and now actually exists for me

It’s as if there are only two people left in the world,

All else is just white noise screaming through the bright night


The sweet sound of souls colliding

And words being knit into the fabric of a life

As hearts beat an ancient rhythm that keeps

Life blood flowing up and outwards

Sustaining a life for an eternity


There is no more fear; no more remorse

Self-doubt has been obliterated

Only the joy that intense emotion births

Exists deep within your soul


Peace flows through your veins

You are safe, you are home

Securely moored in a life that will last forever.


11/14/05 Michelle



Copyright Michelle Beckham-Corbin 2009

No comments: