Sunday, April 19, 2009

True Love is a Soul Connection

I travel through the familiar green canopied forest
Hearing the sons of the song birds from long ago
The brook still gurgles and calls me back to that place in time
When you captured my heart
When you claimed me as your own

Lying in the spring grass, we debated the poetry of Roberto Bolano,
contrasting him against the powerful words of the American, Robert Frost
Taking time to breathe in the mountain air
To watch the clouds float by as they periodically blotted out the sun
Closing our eyes and feeling the presence of each other
Our only music: the natural sounds of the forest

How could I know that our discussions on fate and destiny
Were in reality preparation for walking the path alone
For being without my friend, my confidante, my soul connection?

I feel your presence at every turn of the trail
My feet carry me along, guided by memories
Your voice resurrects itself inside my mind
I can recall each word from your lips:

"
These feelings that I feel are far too powerful for words.
I can't describe this as love, because it is so much more.
It is contentment, passion, love and caring; but most of all,
it's a deep spiritual connection that has no name.
Gabrielle, you complete me.
"

"Wishing so badly that you were here....",
I whisper into the wind, but I know that
You are gone forever,
Your essence mixing with the universe,
sustaining new life forces

I know that somewhere you are smiling down on me
I feel it in my heart and
I know that I will find you again someday.

It's a fact that Soul-mates last forever....


Copyright Michelle Beckham-Corbin 2009

No comments: