Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday, Monday


Great day. Accomplished quite a bit. "Met" up with Dan Lally and Bill Ryan online tonight. Two good friends from my undergrad days at Xavier. Got through St. X Golf Tryouts Day I and first day of A team CYO Girls' Basketball. Ughhh, isn't summer supposed to be lazily reading by the pool and sipping Pina Coladas???????

About Saturday: My Helping Children Cope with Divorce Class (HCCWD) ended well on Saturday despite a few technical difficulties. We were in a new location and unfortunately had some bad Karma at the start: initially the air was off, so the room was pretty hot; we had to reset another room that was much larger and could accomadate more people. The VCR we were going to use ate my co-presenter Brent's tape (this is a tape that relays a real life example of a divorcing family that we later dissect and discuss as well as an experts' piece on the affect of divorce at different developmental stages). We had our Program Director hunt down another machine (who uses VCRS anymore, anyway???) because I didn't want my final copy to be mangled. The solution would have been for Brent and I to lecture the entire 2.5 hours. How awful for those people sweltering in that hot room with no coffee in sight to have to listen to us drone on as sweat slipped down our brow. It really ended up being enjoyable and the participants really took away some good information. Did you know that all divorcing couples in Hamilton and Clermont Counties MUST take my HCC WD class????

No comments: