Monday, August 11, 2008

Summer, the way it should be!!!

Blue and white

Unbelievably gorgeous day here. It was around 75 degrees with blue skies and clouds that literally looked like cotton candy spun confections. We biked to lunch and ate outside underneath the cafe unbrella, watching the slow-moving traffic go by. It was a late lunch, somewhere after 2:00 p.m., so we were the only customers in the whole place. I'm thinking that ppl had picnic lunches at the park or perhaps on their patios at home, as our waitress claimed that we were only the 5th group of customers she had had all day. We biked to the park afterwards and attempted to play sand volleyball barefoot. Ouch! The sand was a little too hot and I was not about to dive around the sand in my imported Madras walking shorts, cotton short-sleeved sweater and Bjorn leather flip flops. LOL- what was I thinking??!!?? Great afternoon, none-the-less. Topped it off with bowling. I think I hit my all time Bumperless high score of 137. The funny thing is that when we did Bumper Bowling when the kids were younger, I probably didn't do much better. So given that info, I'll bet my bumper score would have been close to 280. Can't beat those summer prices of a buck a game.

No comments: