Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Whispers in the Wind

Your name spoken in the wind

Carried to the heavens

Far above the cloudless sky

Floating unaided, it rests upon angels’ wings

Your physical presence is gone

But you live on in my mind

Your profile etched like

A cameo on my eyelids

I see you bending there among the flowers

I reach out to touch you

But you are gone

Like an errant shadow at noon

My hand remains empty

Yet if I focus my thoughts

I feel your warmth encircle

My fingers with love

Why did you leave us

With so much work unfinished?

Your life was like a half- done canvass

Just waiting for the master painter to complete it

I search the stars for answers

And in my sadness, they shine back at me in silence

A silence that is bright white and deep

Like a piercing light breaking my heart

I will find you again one day

We will be together among the stars

And our light will illuminate the heavens and earth

As our love burns brightly together once more



*all material copywrited Michelle Beckham-Corbin

No comments: