Wednesday, July 15, 2009

GROOVING ON THE RIVER



Floating down the river filled with peaceful motion
filled with birdsong sporadically punctuating the silence
Filled with the occasional splash of brown river water spray

Looking up into an azure sky holding clouds
punctuated by slices of bright sunlight
I duck low in the canoe
and let the spanish moss tickle my face
as I pass underneath low hanging branches

This would be a wonderful place to think and write
to write and think
to reconnect with my soul
and so the journey begins

The peaceful journey into my mind
Everything is crisp and clear and comforting
I feel happiness in every pore of my being
I am one with the day

I carry no regrets, no worries, no fears
Not even a thought of what was
I am just Being and
damn, it feels good!




Image credit: www.saveourmiami.com/files/QuickSiteImages/Li.
Copyright Michelle Beckham-Corbin 2009

No comments: