Friday, July 24, 2009

KALEIDOSCOPE: ODE TO A DREAM.....


Contemplating where you are, as the sheets of rain hang down
like beaded curtains in a 1970s era room

the music was always the link between us

but the words no longer call my name

The verses no longer take me back
nor do I feel that catch in my breath, in my heart, in my spirit
at the memory of your voice, singing in my ear
or the guitar strings strumming my soul

Yesterday is gone and today is done

We now exist independently in the tomorrows of our life

So invigorating to finally be free to be who we were meant to be

We are young and the sun is rising on the rest of our days


The strength that we have gained from each other

propels us forward as we make our separate ways in the world

Even though the pull is gone, I know that we will remain friends

And that one day we will find each other again,

If only within the pages of Dreamscape......


Copyright Michelle Beckham-Corbin 2009

No comments: