Sunday, July 12, 2009

Late Date With Great Grandma & Johnny Cash


Ok, I had to interrupt my stream of consciousness writing on the previous blog post to create this one. My husband walks into my office with cell phone in hand mouthing to me that he is talking to his grandmother (whom he had been trying to reach for weeks). Mind you it's 10:00 p.m. I don't even talk to my parents this late! The kicker is that she is 93 years old and just returned from seeing a Johnny Cash movie.

Great Grandma Idy lives in a beautiful retirement home on Long Island. Somehow New York and Johnny Cash don't seem to go to together, but hey, if she's having fun, then that's all that matters!!! We should all be so lucky to be still kicking it up as we approach the century mark in our lives. She has experienced a lot in her life, including being one of the turn of the century children to enter Ellis Island from Europe. But that is a blog post for another day....


Copyright Michelle Beckham-Corbin 2009

1 comment:

Breanna Gaddie said...

I'm glad your husband was able to talk with his grandma (or was it great-grandma?). I still remember my great-grandmother. Do your best to see and talk to her as much as possible. The stories they have are amazing!

~Breanna
http://www.breannagaddie.com/blog
http://www.breannagaddie.com/networkingwithpassion