Thursday, July 16, 2009

Treasuring Friendship



Friends stay in my life forever and even when significant time has passed, a renewed connection brings us back as if it we had parted only yesterday. Every person who becomes close to us holds a bit of our essence in their hands. For those of you in my life, I want you to know that I carry a part of you with me always. The memory of you swirls in the ribbons of my dreams and the fairy dust of my days. We will always maintain a connection with each other, because that's just the way I operate.

Today I am glad to have reconnected with Nikki, who took care of my children when they were young and today has 3 young children of her own; with Terri, who traveled the path of my Xavier University Back to Business Post-Graduate Certificate program with me and last but not least, Tim- my friend from England who honored me today with a live mobile call vs. being virtual on Skype. It's always so cool to hear a British voice say, "How are you darling?" (he calls everyone darling, so no worries!!!) and know that the voice on the other end of the LG9800 really and truly wants to know how I am doing.

Friends have always meant the world to me and I treasure them greatly. Thanks for being my friend. Thanks for allowing me into your life.





Copyright Michelle Beckham-Corbin 2009

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Love that picture!