Friday, June 26, 2009

SOLITUDE AND DREAMING


Lying in a khaki colored canvass hammock with
Green mildewed stains from many outdoor seasons
The natural beauty of the surrounding yard both
Hiding me and holding me enthralled in its captivating beauty

I stare up at the criss-cross pattern of tree branches,
Green leaves unfurled against the white hot sun
Tiny green cherry balls hanging like natural ornamentation
Just waiting to be picked

I see wisps of clouds and blue sky above me
I feel wrapped in the cocoon of privacy in my
Own secret hiding place on the ground
My heart beats in time to the crickets below

For these few minutes, time stands still
There are no wants, no needs
Only the desire to stay locked in this feeling of contentment
For as long as I dare

The wind blows a small breeze
Kissing the moisture that humidity has cast upon my brow
I feel no chill, only the excitement that I am here alone
Oh, the endless possibilities to conjure up as I lay here and dream....



Copyright Michelle Beckham-Corbin 2009

No comments: