Monday, June 15, 2009

Starlight.....



When is goodbye never the end?


Our lives entwined like the strands of a macrame rope
We weave in and out of each other's history
You move on, discovering a new path to your life's journey
I rejoice in your choice and make plans of my own, yet
Footsteps appear once again in the shadows before my door
because you just can't let me go

This is a pattern that has rewoven itself many times
Is it a mental game that we play or
truly a dance of two souls
that just can't seem to fully separate?

The words and the whispers will always remain
as a template for the ultimate novel but
Bolano has been packed away and Ryan Adams barely touched
Seems pointless now, since busy lives are leading us elsewhere
yet.....back to the beginning we seem to traverse
well, really a much better version of the middle

Will there ever truly be an end.....................

Meanwhile Drew LaPlante's haunting melody plays on
as the wind whispers through the sheer curtains of today


"I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight....."



Image credit: www.browniescraps.com/shop/images/LLD_starlig..
Copyright Michelle Beckham-Corbin 2009

No comments: