Tuesday, June 16, 2009

WHAT I WANT.....



Time for some stream of consciousness writing.......Finally getting to a place where I can breathe- summer has that way of relaxing you mentally. Life has been crazy busy in the best of all possible ways so I welcome the whispers of summer calling me to slow down and take stock.

Our time to walk this earth is fleeting and summer reminds us that we need to appreciate each day and make the most of the connections that find us on our individual paths.

So in deference to heeding the call. Here is my list of non-work things I want to do this summer:

  • Bake my first apple pie ever (or at least find a damn good replica at a local bakery)
  • See one (1) Cincinnati Reds game (gasp... I hate baseball, so 1 is really all I can handle)
  • Read the stacks of magazines purchased last year to assist a local school's magazine drive (they run the gamut from Mother Jones to Time to Redbook to Rolling Stone with a bunch of People thrown in for good celebrity measure)
  • Read a book that has NOTHING to do with SOCIAL MEDIA
  • Finish writing my own NOVEL which is where my relationship with social media began in 2004
  • Ride my bike all the way to our local library
  • Take a canoe trip on the Little Miami and fall in for the hell of it
  • Grab a jelly jar and catch lightning bugs while Ryan Adams plays on my iTouch
  • Campout in the backyard (until the neighbors go to bed, then sneak into my own)
  • Make homemade icecream and invite friends over to party
  • Stop working....(well, hmmmn, going on strike would not be such a hot idea in a universe where the county unemployment rate is 11%)

That's it for now. Glad I came up with some things. I was recently asked what I wanted for my birthday, which is fast-approaching and I still haven't come up with anything. Maybe a world where everyone is gainfully employed and all people have access to affordable health care.....


Copyright Michelle Beckham-Corbin 2009

1 comment:

Unknown said...

girlIt was fun to read what you want. It has inspired me to consider what I want...a vacation.